Oil is formed from the fossils of plants, animals and trees which date back to quite a few thousands of years. After going through a lot of chemical processes for over a million years, they turn into crude substance and later into crude oil and natural gas.
Oil drilling companies like Southlake Resources Group form an essential part of the oil and gas industry.. Finding oil is not an easy process and adding to the convolution is finding potential buyers and it involves several stages. The primary thing that these companies do is to find the oil resources and the ultimate stage is to distribute it to the petrol bunks and retail outlets. These companies depend primarily on the marketing agencies and advertisers as they get potential consumers.
Detecting the right place is very significant because all the hard work may go futile if there is no oil. The method chiefly used to detect oil is 3-D and 4-D seismic imaging. Before beginning to drill the oil in a specific area, the company concerned should procure the requisite rights to do so. Generally, the technique used for drilling the oil is the rotary method.
There is a likelihood that the area selected for drilling may contain very less quantities of oil which is not worth the investment. In such instances, the companies should seal off the well as it may cause environmental contamination if it is left unattended for longer periods of time. As a result, the entire procedure must be carried out under the able guidance of experienced and qualified staff.
The procedures followed by the oil and gas companies that are involved in drilling are:
- The companies that drill the oil first recognizes the land, and then has it leveled and cleaned. Later, roads are built to make it reachable.
- If there is no other supply of water near to the land, the water well are dug as it is one of the important requirements.
- Then the reserve pit is dug to put in the rock cuttings and drilled mud. This pit is soon after covered with plastic to thwart environmental pollution.
The fundamentals that the oil drilling companies should follow:
- Earmark properties that potentially have natural resources that can produce oil and gas.
- By increasing the production levels, the value of such properties can be maximized.
- Build a core team comprising experienced and qualified personnel and engineers.
- The companies should concentrate on exacting regions so that company’s focus is more on building the infrastructure.
- The oil companies must eye properties that are competent of creating additional values in the form of tertiary and secondary recovery methods.
- The oil companies should not only concentrate on drilling but also concentrate on exploration, exploitation, research and development and marketing.
Companies like Southlake Resources Group use state-of-the-art procedure for drilling oil. Cody Winters is the Founder and President of Southlake Resources Group. For this, a huge financial investment and highly experienced manpower is required. It is quite thorny to locate the natural resources that are capable of producing oil and therefore a lot of technical expertise is required in order to make sure that the oil and gas exploration is done productively.